1. Update the hardware: you do not need to renovate your kitchen for a make-over. Start by replacing cabinet and drawer pulls for a new look that will instantly update your entire space.
2. Paint a lighter colour: go for a lighter palate on walls and cabinets as it lightens up the space making it look larger. Light colours reflect light and hide a multitude of sins, including those scratches, dings and dents in your old cabinet.
3. Replace cabinet doors: replace you old worn out cabinet doors with new ones or you can sand and refinish them for a cheaper alternative that will give your kitchen a fresh new look. Glass doors add a bit of style to your cabinets.
4. Change lighting: switch up your lighting with chandeliers and pendants as they are the perfect accessory to brighten your kitchen and change the mood of the space.
5. Use artwork: Don’t shy away from art in your kitchen as it is a great way to elevate a room so why not your kitchen.
6. Paint your appliances stainless steel: yes that is right. Use a paint-on stainless steel finish to update your appliances that still work well but are giving your kitchen a dated feel.
7. Window treatment: dress up your window with a nice curtain to give your kitchen a dressed up look and feel.
8. Style your breakfast nook: place some fresh flowers a centrepiece or some pillows to give your breakfast spot a beautiful style.
9. Replace an old bowl or decorative elements: replace your old fruit bowl with beautiful Chinoiserie or a bowl or tray for a subtle change that makes a big difference.
10. Put away small appliances: small appliances clutter your kitchen space. Keep your counter clear of coffee pots, blenders and toaster.